Project

General

Profile

Support #1100

weights and 'svy set' using wave 2+3, nurse health assesment and blood samples

Added by Per-Ola Sundin over 1 year ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Weights
Target version:
Start date:
11/26/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:

Description

I am evalutaing associations between kidney function (serum creatinine) determined in blood samples at the wave 2/3 nurse health assesment and all cause mortality up to wave 7. I also use self reported diagnoses from the main stage interview wave 2/3 for adjustment in the models.

I have found what I believe is the correct weight to use (indbdub_xw from xlabblood_ns.dta).

I do not use data from the following waves although I use the flag for diseased individuals provided (which is based on information from the following waves).

Besides being ceratin that I use the most appropiate weights I am also a bit confused about which variables that I should use when I 'svy set' my data. In xlabblood_ns.dta were I find the weight variable I do not find any 'psu' or 'strata' variables.

Yours sincerely
Per-Ola Sundin PhD-student

History

#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago

  • Category set to Weights
  • Assignee set to Olena Kaminska
  • Target version set to X Ns
  • Private changed from Yes to No

#2 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago

Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
Stephanie Auty - Understanding Society User Support Officer

#3 Updated by Olena Kaminska over 1 year ago

Dear Per-Ola Sundin,

Thank you for your question. Yes, the weight is correct. And for the svy set command you should use b_strata and b_psu variables that you can get from b_indsamp.dta of the mainstage.

Hope this helps,
Olena

#4 Updated by Per-Ola Sundin over 1 year ago

Thank you so much for your kind assistance with this and my previous questions!
Yours sincerely
Per-Ola Sundin

#5 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF