Dear UKHLS User Support, could you please clarify how to harmonize the variable ivstat2 across the waves of BHPS (from 8 to 18)?
Thank you and best,
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Target version set to BHPS
- Assignee set to Stephanie Auty
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Category set to Harmonisation
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Stephanie Auty - Understanding Society User Support Officer
#2 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
- Assignee changed from Stephanie Auty to Lydia Palumbo
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
What information are you looking for from these variables? If it is first wave enumerated or first wave interviewed then fwenum_dv_bh and fwintvd_dv_bh in xwavedat may be easier to use than bw_ivstat2.
#3 Updated by Lydia Palumbo over 1 year ago
Luckily, I was able to sort it out.
I thought it was referred to the respondent file (indresp) and did not
notice that it also considered waves in which the interviewee did
not answer (visible from indsamp). So there was not coherence
between wave of entry computed in my file, which consider only respondents,
and the one indicated by this variable.