disdif and health variables
Hi, I am currently using the disdif1-12 variables which are supposedly filtered through the health variable. However, there are some cases which report to have a functional impairment even though they said they do not have a long-term health problem/disability. Does that mean that there is a mistake in the way the disdif variables were filtered? Thanks! Regards, Lea
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Assignee changed from Alita Nandi to Stephanie Auty
- Status changed from New to In Progress
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Stephanie Auty - Understanding Society User Support Officer
#2 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 60
- Assignee changed from Stephanie Auty to Lea Samek
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Are you looking at Wave 8 data? At Wave 8 the filter for this question was removed in order to capture people who may have one of the conditions listed but answer no to w_health. The wording of w_disdif is different for those who said no.