I am currently researching ethnic pay gaps using the Understanding Society data set.
Initially I was using the a_payu variable, however this had a low level of data available for observing earnings. Therefore, I am now using the a_paynu_dv variable, however this variable has no label and I cannot find any further information on this variable in the data dictionary. I would appreciate any help on what this variable represents, e.g which question does it relate to, so I can interpret the results generated.
I greatly appreciate any help. Or guidance to using a different pay variable which may be of greater use in waves 1 to 7.
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Target version set to X M
- Assignee set to Stephanie Auty
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Category set to Data documentation
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Stephanie Auty - Understanding Society User Support Officer
#2 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 70
- Assignee changed from Stephanie Auty to Amandeep Dhillon
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
There is information on income estimation in section 3.4.3 of the Mainstage User Guide which you can download here: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/documentation/mainstage/user-guide