Dear support team,
I am using wave 3 to construct measures of over/under education by occupation. I would like to use the latest occupational classification, c_jbsoc10, but there are much fewer observations compared to c_jbsoc00_cc. Is there a way to convert the SOC2000 into SOC2010?
Dr Michela Vecchi
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty over 1 year ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Target version set to M3
- Assignee set to Michela Vecchi
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Category set to Derived variables
w_jbsoc10 will only be populated for individuals who have changed their job since we introduced coding to SOC2010 as we have not gone back to recode previous responses that were coded to SOC2000. There will be information on the ONS website on mapping between the two.