Car use Qs in BHPS
Questions about the BHPS driving-licence-holding (xDRIVER) and access-to-car/van (xCARUSE) variables.
1) It looks to me that, from Wave 3, unlicenced-people are lumped in with people-that-have-a-licence-but-say-they-don't-drive in the "don't drive" category in xCARUSE from that point. Is that right? I don't see a way, from W3 onwards, to identify only those adults who don't have a driving licence -- am I missing something?
2) Do we know why xDRIVER was dropped after W2?
#1 Updated by Redmine Admin almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Redmine Admin
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
Unfortunately, we have to agree with you that the question (1) about who has/has not got a license is less clear from Wave 3 onwards and I don't have a good answer for (2). I hope you can do something with the two waves where the questions were better.