total gross income variables
Hi - I have a few questions about the derived total gross income variables provided with the USoc data:
1) From which income sources is the total gross personal income variable calculated?
2) Is the total gross household income variable already adjusted for household size?
3) Are the USoc total gross personal and household income variables directly comparable with those given in the BHPS data?
4) Are any total net income variables available for USoc Wave 1, comparable with those compiled for BHPS (in ESDS dataset SN3909)?
Robert de Vries
#1 Updated by Redmine Admin over 7 years ago
- Category set to Income
- Assignee set to Redmine Admin
- Target version set to X M
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
1) Please see the user guide section on incomes and imputation.
3) More or less. At BHPS both monthly and yearly incomes were collected, whereas UKHLS only has questions on monthly. The imputation strategies are not identical. Some of the benefits will also have changed slightly.
4) Not yet, but we hope to catch up with this at a later stage.