Month of birth variables
I would like to use the variable month of birth.
According to the online documentation:
- in the understanding society databaseit should be available in indresp wave 1 and 2 only (the variable is called scdobm); is this question made available in some other datasets?
- in the BHPS database it should be available in all inderesp waves (the variable is called dobm)
However I dont find the variable in the databases I have just downloaded.
I have tried to download the two the following dta
1) BHPS series only: https://beta.ukdataservice.ac.uk/datacatalogue/studies/study?id=5151
2) The harmonised version of BHPS and UKHLSE: https://beta.ukdataservice.ac.uk/datacatalogue/studies/study?id=6614
Any idea what can be wrong?
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty 11 months ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Target version set to X M
- Assignee set to Maddalena Ronchi
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Category set to Special license
The month of birth is only available in the Special Licence datasets. The variable is w_dobm_dv in files for each wave and dobm_dv in xwavedat. Variables only available in SL are shown by the blue stripe at the top of their page in the online documentation, for example: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/documentation/mainstage/dataset-documentation/wave/xwave/datafile/xwavedat/variable/dobm_dv
You can see the terms for accessing Special Licence here: https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/get-data/how-to-access/conditions/special-licence