Housing costs in BHPS
I am keen to create an after housing costs in BHPS but am unclear what is included in the variable xphsg (gross monthly housing costs). I would like to know whether this (i) includes or excludes housing benefit and (ii) includes or excludes the principal payment for those with mortgages. If the principal is included, is there a way to deduct this from xphsg (i.e. a way to split mortgage payments into interest and principal)?
Thanks in advance for any help.
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty 3 months ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Target version set to BHPS
- Assignee set to Stephanie Auty
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Category set to Derived variables
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Stephanie Auty - Understanding Society User Support Officer