After looking through the dataset, much of the documentation (which is vast), using the online variable search tool and the user support I'm still struggling to find a variable that measures political ideology - often measured on a scale of 1-10 from Left (Liberal) to Right (Conservative). Given how many political measures there are, I was convinced there had to be one. Thus, my question is whether such a measure was ever included in either the BHPS or UKHLS?
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty 11 months ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Target version set to X M
- Assignee set to Stephanie Auty
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Category set to Questionnaire content
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Stephanie Auty - Understanding Society User Support Officer
#2 Updated by Stephanie Auty 11 months ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 60
- Assignee changed from Stephanie Auty to Kristinn Mar
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
You may find the questions opsoca-f useful - these were included in several waves of BHPS and are due to be in Wave 12 of UKHLS, along with some other related questions. The Wave 12 questionnaire will be released on the website in January. In Wave 2 of BHPS there were several more questions, opsocg-j, which have only been asked once.
If these are not what you're looking for then please could you explain in a bit more detail and we will try to help.