neighbourhood modules / neighbourhood trust in subsequent waves
I have previously used data from Wave 6 to create local authority estimates of levels of neighbourhood trust. The variable is : https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/documentation/mainstage/dataset-documentation/variable/nbrcoh3
I can see that in Wave 9 the self-completion neighbourhood module is included, but the local neighbourhood module is not.
In the long-term content plan I can see that neighbourhood questions will be included in waves 12 and 15. Will this be the same module as in wave 9, or will the local neighbourhood module (including the trust question) come back?
#1 Updated by Stephanie Auty 7 months ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Assignee changed from Soraya Safazadeh to Stephanie Auty
- Status changed from New to In Progress
Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
#2 Updated by Stephanie Auty 7 months ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 80
- Assignee changed from Stephanie Auty to Soraya Safazadeh
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
The local neighbourhood module was cut from Wave 9 due to timing issues, but does appear in Wave 12. However, it is now part of the household questionnaire so will appear in the w_hhresp file. It is also planned to be included in Wave 15 but it is possible it would be cut again.