Weights_poverty line (BHPS)
Dear Support Team,
I am computing the poverty line for each wave of BHPS and UKHLS, as indicated by the files in the
Moodle X courses (attached for your convenience).
I have some questions on the BHPS file.
1) Fihhmn is indicated in hhresp but I have found it only in indresp. Was it recalled otherwise?
2) I am not sure about the weights used for computing the pov line in BHPS. The file uses the individual
weight xewght. However, the variable is at hh level. Shouldn't I use a hh level weight, like xhwght?
Thank you and best,
#1 Updated by Rebecca Parsons about 1 month ago
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Assignee set to Olena Kaminska
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Category set to Weights
Thanks for your query, it's been passed to our weights specialist. We'll be in touch with a response soon.
User Support Team
#2 Updated by Olena Kaminska about 1 month ago
- Assignee changed from Olena Kaminska to Alita Nandi
- Category changed from Weights to Data analysis
I am answering here your question regarding weights. The weight you use will depend on the level of analysis. If you analyse households and want to talk about households you will need household weight. But if you are talking about individuals (with household level characteristics for example) you should use individual level weights.
Hope this helps,
#4 Updated by Alita Nandi about 1 month ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 80
If you are interested in gross household monthly income, then please use the variable called bw_fihhmngrs_dv in bw_hhresp.