I need to use the NS-SEC variables from waves 1 and 3. Two questions:
1. Why are so many cases listed as 'inapplicable'? - Are these all unemployed people?
2. If so, why are there so many unemployed people in the sample?
#1 Updated by Redmine Admin about 5 years ago
- Category set to Data documentation
- Assignee set to M Bourne
- Target version set to X M
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
Info about method and underlying variables can be found, e.g. here:
I hope this will help you with the employment stats you are after. Let us know if not.
#2 Updated by M Bourne about 5 years ago
Thank you for this. It answers my first question - that those listed as inapplicable are unemployed (at least predominantly). But my second question has not been answered and I cannot find any information relating to this in the documentation - i.e. why is such a large proportion of the sample unemployed?
#3 Updated by Redmine Admin about 5 years ago
- Category changed from Data documentation to 10
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 50 to 60
Before asking about current job, we ask about current economic activity category, see:
for info on non-employment categories.
On behalf of the team, Jakob