Hi there! I'm trying to understand whether the survey tracks temporary accomodation, and if so where I could find this identifier?
1. Does the survey include respondents in hostels or temporary accommodation (hostels and short term lets)? Where would I find this identifier?
2. Does the survey report when families have moved into and out of temporary accommodation?
So far I've looked at 'Rentll' and 'Hsownd' but they don't seem to identify temporary accommodation specifically.
Thanks so much for any help you can give!
#1 Updated by Victoria Nolan over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Helen Robb
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Private changed from Yes to No
Many thanks for your enquiry.
1 – we would include respondents in these types of accommodation, that is we would follow them if they moved into these types of accommodation and seek to interview them there. There is a variable w_dweltyp in the w_hhsamp data file. This does have some response categories which may be relevant (code 13 = sheltered accommodation, and from Wave 2 code 14 = institution).
2 – in the annual events history we ask about residential mobility, so if a participant has moved house in the last year we collect some information here, including the date of move. We also collect information about people who move in and out of the household in the household grid (w_indall).
Please let me know if we can help with anything else. Best wishes,