From 12/22/2019 to 01/20/2020
- 04:24 PM Support #1279 (Feedback): Wave 9 chmain file
- Dear Charlotte,
Apologies for the long delay in response.
The observations do loop over the children's names fr...
- 05:52 PM Support #1297 (Feedback): Household meat consumption
- Dear Neha,
We don't ask any questions on meat consumption in Understanding Society.
- 10:39 AM Support #1253: Selecting correct weights
1. Indeed longitudinal weights have more zeros than cross-sectional - this is by design as TSMs get positi...
- 06:18 PM Support #1298: Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- Hi Stefanie,
This is very helpful indeed. I noticed from the reply to Understanding Society User Support issue#252...
- 05:29 PM Support #1298 (Feedback): Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- Dear Paul,
In the w_indresp files, w_mnspid is the identifier for that individual's mother, while pidp is the iden...
- 05:29 PM Support #1297 (In Progress): Household meat consumption
- Many thanks for your enquiry. The Understanding Society team is looking into it and we will get back to you as soon a...
- 01:42 PM Support #1253: Selecting correct weights
- Dear Olena,
Sorry to bother you again, but I am afraid I am not understanding longitudinal weights. My aim is to ...
- 08:29 AM Support #1298 (Resolved): Matching youth data to parent data in Understanding Society
- Dear colleague,
I wonder if you can help me with the above. I have used the USS before and merged and matched waves ...
- 02:32 PM Support #1297 (Feedback): Household meat consumption
I am using the data _"Understanding Society: Waves 1-9, 2009-2018 and Harmonised BHPS: Waves 1-18, 1991-200...
- 02:38 PM Support #1273: Weights_considering survey complex structure ?
- And to respond to your earlier question, the weights that you suggested are correct. The reason that some zero weight...
- 02:30 PM Support #1273: Weights_considering survey complex structure ?
My suggestion would be use longitudinal enumeration weight at time t, and conditional on it being positive ...
- 02:06 PM Support #1279: Wave 9 chmain file
- Dear Charlotte,
We are still in discussion of this issue and ISER will be closed over the holiday period, reopenin...
- 02:04 PM Support #1295 (Feedback): Stability across Big 5 personality between wave 15 of BHPS and wave 3 of Understanding Society
- Dear C,
We are not aware of any work on this topic. If you would like to discuss this with other researchers you c...
Also available in: Atom