From 04/03/2012 to 05/02/2012
- 12:37 PM Support #47 (Closed): BHPS Question
- 12:09 PM Support #47: BHPS Question
- Many thanks, Jakob -- This urban/rural code should work for my study. I've prepared a request as per the ESDS websit...
- 11:13 AM Support #42 (Closed): Imputation flags on gross income
- 10:45 AM Support #42: Imputation flags on gross income
- Redmine Admin wrote:
> The flags are are equal to zero when none of the underlying income components are im...
- 08:47 AM Support #42 (In Progress): Imputation flags on gross income
The flags are are equal to zero when none of the underlying income components are imputed.
- 09:40 AM Support #46: Review Board
The data access is administered by UK Data Archive. Their website has further details on the "End User Licence":...
- 05:34 PM Support #47 (In Progress): BHPS Question
The "BHPS urban-rural classification look-ups":http://www.esds.ac.uk/findingData/bhpsCA.asp are available thr...
- 05:24 PM Support #47 (Closed): BHPS Question
- Good afternoon –
I’m writing regarding the BHPS. (specifically years 1998 and 2008)
For my purposes (analys...
- 04:29 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
The required variables are described under "BHPS Employment History Module":http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/bhps/...
- 09:42 AM Support #40: School Code (Schcode)
- You would in that case need the special license mentioned above. The variable schcode on the general release is simpl...
- 09:11 PM Support #46 (Closed): Review Board
- Good day! I am at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. We are applying to our Institutional Review Board for de...
- 08:44 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
- Ps: Also, I am using STATA.
- 08:17 PM Support #45 (Closed): BHPS year first job
- Dear support team,
I am looking for the best way to derive the information of 'year of first job' in the BHPS. Am I ...
- 06:36 PM Support #44: Weighting on a restricted sample (outcome=110)
- This is a summary of a longer discussion via email. The process has two stages and will require two weights: first st...
- 02:15 PM Support #44 (Closed): Weighting on a restricted sample (outcome=110)
- Dear User Support
I am using the Understanding Society data for poverty analysis and would like to ask you if you ...
- 12:12 PM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- Thank you for your questions.
1) you should use analysis weights. These also correct for nonresponse. Design weig...
- 11:19 AM Support #40: School Code (Schcode)
- Hi Jakob,
Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, the a_schsta variable is not so relevant, because I am in...
- 12:39 AM Support #43 (Closed): Weighting-related questions
- Hello: I have various weighting-related questions, which I have tried to list by similarity below:
1) What are the...
- 02:57 PM Support #42 (Closed): Imputation flags on gross income
- We are trying to compute poverty indicators using both waves of the USoc. We have found that there is a significant i...
- 02:13 PM Support #41: Citizenship question -- only once?
- Your request will be considered in this consultation round, which finishes end of May.
- 12:36 PM Support #41: Citizenship question -- only once?
- Thank you, Jakob. Is there any way of gauging how quickly they are likely to respond/react? (I have some very anxio...
- 12:33 PM Support #41 (In Progress): Citizenship question -- only once?
- David, Thanks for raising this. It is a good point and something we will have to consider for future waves. I have fo...
- 10:55 AM Support #41 (Closed): Citizenship question -- only once?
- Am I correct in perceiving (from the "Content Plan" document) that the citizen question (CITZN) will be asked only on...
- 11:37 AM Support #40 (In Progress): School Code (Schcode)
The quick answer is that we ask about whether the school is a state or a private school;
- 04:26 PM Support #40 (Closed): School Code (Schcode)
- Dear User Support,
Could you please tell me whether there are any variables available within the special license v...
- 10:38 AM Support #39 (Closed): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv? v2
- 10:38 AM Support #37 (Closed): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv?
- See also #39
- 07:05 PM Support #39: Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv? v2
- We have provided two self-employment earnings imputed variables with the latest release:
a_seearngrs_dv: self empl...
- 03:38 PM Support #39 (Closed): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv? v2
- Dear Jakob,
Thank you for your reply in #37.
Has the variable a_jsprof_dv only changed name or is it no longer sup...
- 07:46 PM Support #38: Weight to use at benefit unit level
- Great - thanks for the quick reply.
- 03:41 PM Support #38: Weight to use at benefit unit level
- Yes! The selection probability of a BU is identical to that of the household to which it belongs (as all BUs in a hou...
- 03:08 PM Support #38 (Closed): Weight to use at benefit unit level
- Hi, I am constructing a dataset for longitudinal analysis at benefit unit level using b_buno_dv. As there is no dedic...
- 03:21 PM Support #37 (In Progress): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv?
- Dear Rigmor, This variable name is no longer used. As mentioned in #36 we are in the process of putting together addi...
- 03:13 PM Support #36 (In Progress): Derived variables documentation and OECD equivalisation scale
- Dear Meng, We are in the process of putting together additional documentation on the processes used for deriving inco...
- 04:31 PM Support #37 (Closed): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv?
- Dear User Suppport,
In the earlier release of wave 1 data you provided a derived variable imputing the profit from...
- 10:44 AM Support #36 (Closed): Derived variables documentation and OECD equivalisation scale
- Dear Sir/Madam,
I am currently doing some analysis using the Understanding Society data. I have looked through the...
Also available in: Atom