From 04/13/2012 to 05/12/2012
- 01:19 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
- Just to clarify - According to Vol A the LLIFEMST file is only for respondents from Northern Ireland (p.A3-70)?
- 07:20 PM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- Thank you!
- 06:14 PM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- No, you don't need to include a_hidp in addition to a_psu. Households are nested within psu, so controlling for psu w...
- 12:15 PM Support #49 (Closed): "SPONTANEOUS" response category
- 12:02 PM Support #49: "SPONTANEOUS" response category
- Thanks, Jakob.
- 12:00 PM Support #49 (In Progress): "SPONTANEOUS" response category
Yes, SPONTANEOUS is a valid response code, that isn't prompted or printed on showcards, etc.
- 08:48 AM Support #49 (Closed): "SPONTANEOUS" response category
- Hello: I see that for certain questions, in the online documentation, it says "SPONTANEOUS" (for example, variable a_...
- 12:01 PM Support #50: Comparison to LFS
- Hi Jakob:
I downloaded the data in Jan 2012, so I think it is the most current version. Using the INDALL file gives m...
- 11:26 AM Support #50 (In Progress): Comparison to LFS
There could be different reasons to why you get slightly different results. The most important is probably ver...
- 10:58 AM Support #50 (Closed): Comparison to LFS
- Hello: I am looking at the report "APPENDIX: UNDERSTANDING SOCIETY DESIGN OVERVIEW" which I believe is Chapter 15 of ...
- 04:19 PM Support #48 (In Progress): Height variable in wave 16 of BHPS
Thanks for raising this coding issue. Values 8 and 9 were for some BHPS variables used as missing value codes...
- 10:02 AM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- Thank you for your help!
One general follow-up question to one of your prior responses that "a_psu_dv, a_strata_d...
- 11:57 AM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- Yes, you will need to use the weight for extra five minutes a_ind5mus_xw, simply because by using at least one variab...
- 10:32 PM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- Thank you so much for your response!
I have one last question: I AM interested in studying ethnic minorities (tho...
- 08:15 PM Support #48 (Closed): Height variable in wave 16 of BHPS
- Dear Support Team,
I have a question about the height variables in wave 16 of the BHPS. The height in inches vari...
- 04:01 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
- Apologies - you need to look at the job history questions asked under "Life Events section":http://www.iser.essex.ac....
- 03:08 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
- Hi Jakob,
Thank you for your message. Can you please confirm that there is no variable containing the YEAR of first j...
- 02:18 PM Support #40 (Closed): School Code (Schcode)
- 01:55 PM Support #40: School Code (Schcode)
- Ok, thank you for your help.
- 12:37 PM Support #47 (Closed): BHPS Question
- 12:09 PM Support #47: BHPS Question
- Many thanks, Jakob -- This urban/rural code should work for my study. I've prepared a request as per the ESDS websit...
- 11:13 AM Support #42 (Closed): Imputation flags on gross income
- 10:45 AM Support #42: Imputation flags on gross income
- Redmine Admin wrote:
> The flags are are equal to zero when none of the underlying income components are im...
- 08:47 AM Support #42 (In Progress): Imputation flags on gross income
The flags are are equal to zero when none of the underlying income components are imputed.
- 09:40 AM Support #46: Review Board
The data access is administered by UK Data Archive. Their website has further details on the "End User Licence":...
- 05:34 PM Support #47 (In Progress): BHPS Question
The "BHPS urban-rural classification look-ups":http://www.esds.ac.uk/findingData/bhpsCA.asp are available thr...
- 05:24 PM Support #47 (Closed): BHPS Question
- Good afternoon –
I’m writing regarding the BHPS. (specifically years 1998 and 2008)
For my purposes (analys...
- 04:29 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
The required variables are described under "BHPS Employment History Module":http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/bhps/...
- 09:42 AM Support #40: School Code (Schcode)
- You would in that case need the special license mentioned above. The variable schcode on the general release is simpl...
- 09:11 PM Support #46 (Closed): Review Board
- Good day! I am at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. We are applying to our Institutional Review Board for de...
- 08:44 PM Support #45: BHPS year first job
- Ps: Also, I am using STATA.
- 08:17 PM Support #45 (Closed): BHPS year first job
- Dear support team,
I am looking for the best way to derive the information of 'year of first job' in the BHPS. Am I ...
- 06:36 PM Support #44: Weighting on a restricted sample (outcome=110)
- This is a summary of a longer discussion via email. The process has two stages and will require two weights: first st...
- 02:15 PM Support #44 (Closed): Weighting on a restricted sample (outcome=110)
- Dear User Support
I am using the Understanding Society data for poverty analysis and would like to ask you if you ...
- 12:12 PM Support #43: Weighting-related questions
- Thank you for your questions.
1) you should use analysis weights. These also correct for nonresponse. Design weig...
- 11:19 AM Support #40: School Code (Schcode)
- Hi Jakob,
Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, the a_schsta variable is not so relevant, because I am in...
- 12:39 AM Support #43 (Closed): Weighting-related questions
- Hello: I have various weighting-related questions, which I have tried to list by similarity below:
1) What are the...
- 02:57 PM Support #42 (Closed): Imputation flags on gross income
- We are trying to compute poverty indicators using both waves of the USoc. We have found that there is a significant i...
- 02:13 PM Support #41: Citizenship question -- only once?
- Your request will be considered in this consultation round, which finishes end of May.
- 12:36 PM Support #41: Citizenship question -- only once?
- Thank you, Jakob. Is there any way of gauging how quickly they are likely to respond/react? (I have some very anxio...
- 12:33 PM Support #41 (In Progress): Citizenship question -- only once?
- David, Thanks for raising this. It is a good point and something we will have to consider for future waves. I have fo...
- 10:55 AM Support #41 (Closed): Citizenship question -- only once?
- Am I correct in perceiving (from the "Content Plan" document) that the citizen question (CITZN) will be asked only on...
- 11:37 AM Support #40 (In Progress): School Code (Schcode)
The quick answer is that we ask about whether the school is a state or a private school;
- 04:26 PM Support #40 (Closed): School Code (Schcode)
- Dear User Support,
Could you please tell me whether there are any variables available within the special license v...
- 10:38 AM Support #39 (Closed): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv? v2
- 10:38 AM Support #37 (Closed): Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv?
- See also #39
- 07:05 PM Support #39: Discontinued derived variable a_jsprof_dv? v2
- We have provided two self-employment earnings imputed variables with the latest release:
a_seearngrs_dv: self empl...
Also available in: Atom