From 10/02/2012 to 10/31/2012
- 04:06 PM Support #82: Language of translation
thanks for this detailed explanation. My confusion was based on the fact that there is no variable availabl...
- 11:56 AM Support #90 (Closed): Innovation Panel Variables and Wave
I would want to filter variables depending on their presence in certain waves of the innovation panel (e.g....
- 03:23 PM Support #86 (Closed): Query re: variables in Wave 1 data set
- 03:22 PM Support #83 (Closed): Employment histories
- 03:22 PM Support #89 (In Progress): variable bjBSECT (sector of current job) appears to be corrupt or anomalous with two thirds of employees being coded not applicable. Is there an explanation please?
- It was a deliberate decision to route some questions on whether people had changed job, but we reversed it at wave 3 ...
- 11:21 AM Support #89 (Closed): variable bjBSECT (sector of current job) appears to be corrupt or anomalous with two thirds of employees being coded not applicable. Is there an explanation please?
- 02:42 PM Support #88: about BHPS
- Dear Steve,
> First, for the purpose of my study, I will only include people from Scotland. Could I ask what is th...
- 11:44 AM Support #87 (In Progress): labor income
- It is an undocumented variable and best ignored.
A couple of links to income variable documentation, which should ...
- 11:01 AM Support #81 (Closed): Does Health Visitor data still exist in Understanding Society
- 12:45 PM Support #88 (Closed): about BHPS
- Dear BHPS
I am using BHPS data (wave 13-18) and have some queries.
First, for the purpose of my study, I will o...
- 10:35 PM Support #85 (Closed): BHPS work history data
- 06:58 PM Support #87 (Closed): labor income
The BHPS data sets have a variable "linclastyear" which i am interested on. How is this variable constr...
- 10:55 AM Support #84 (Closed): Weighting for retrospective data analysis
- 10:10 AM Support #86 (In Progress): Query re: variables in Wave 1 data set
- Dear Gwyther,
You would in that case need the Special License version of the data, please see:
- 03:54 PM Support #86 (Closed): Query re: variables in Wave 1 data set
- Dear Sir/Madam,
I am undertaking some analysis using the data from the youth self-completion questionnaire from Wa...
- 04:56 PM Support #85 (Closed): BHPS work history data
- I wondered if you could tell me if there was any work underway to update the BHPS work history files that currently r...
- 04:21 PM Support #84 (In Progress): Weighting for retrospective data analysis
- yes, and a_indinus_xw (interviewed individual cross-sectional weight) is zero for proxy responses, so you should get ...
- 01:25 PM Support #83 (In Progress): Employment histories
- Thanks for your qustion.
Please see #35
Employment histories will however gradually build up as more waves are ...
- 01:03 PM Support #82 (In Progress): Language of translation
- Instruments and survey materials are translated into eight different languages:
• Punjabi in Urdu or Gur...
- 09:59 AM Support #84 (Closed): Weighting for retrospective data analysis
- I wish to check that I have adopted the correct weighting variable for using the retrospective histories. I have assu...
- 09:59 AM Support #83 (Closed): Employment histories
- I am using the retrospective union, fertility & employment histories primarily with a selection of cross-sectional va...
- 02:38 PM Support #82 (Closed): Language of translation
- Dear User Support
I have trouble understanding how the items Ivlang “Language of translation” and Ivintlang “Lang...
- 04:44 PM Introduction to Understanding Society using Stata
- Online registration has just been launched for the first of our training courses focused on _Understanding Society_.
- 05:28 PM Support #76 (Closed): Mortgage debt on owned property/properties missing for BHPS sample of wave 2
- 05:28 PM Support #81 (In Progress): Does Health Visitor data still exist in Understanding Society
Thanks for your question.
You are correct, the service use questions that were carried in the BHPS
- 10:20 AM Support #81 (Closed): Does Health Visitor data still exist in Understanding Society
- I have been using the BHPS in parts of my analysis and I am hoping to update my analysis using the Understanding Soci...
Also available in: Atom