From 03/19/2013 to 04/17/2013
- 06:35 PM Support #142: where is work experience in the BHPS?
- Many thanks for your quick response Jakob. My apologies for making my question ambiguous. When I mentioned work exper...
- 03:08 PM Support #142 (In Progress): where is work experience in the BHPS?
Have a look this variable:
- 03:53 PM Support #136 (Closed): Preference over hours worked
- 03:52 PM Support #135 (Closed): Voluntary work definition
- 03:18 PM Support #138 (In Progress): Children
- please see #141
- 03:16 PM Support #139 (Closed): Comparing BHPS and Understanding Society results
It is not so easy to give a quick answer to this as it would depend on the study question and the study design...
- 03:13 PM Support #141 (In Progress): Children information
To find out more about the derived variable, have a look at the documentation;
- 04:50 PM Support #142 (Closed): where is work experience in the BHPS?
how do I get BHPS data on individual level work experience as appears in studies such as Blundell et al 2005 "...
- 02:29 PM Support #141 (Closed): Children information
I'm looking at the children information of the first wave individual data. But I'm a bit confuse. There are th...
- 12:41 PM Support #140 (Closed): occupational (re)coding
- 12:24 PM Support #140: occupational (re)coding
- thank you
- 12:01 PM Support #140: occupational (re)coding
For the first part of the question, please see #104
> The occupations of the father and mother when the re...
- 11:35 AM Support #140 (Closed): occupational (re)coding
- Dear Sir/Madam
We would like to address a few questions regarding the (re)coding of occupations of the respondent...
- 04:15 PM Support #139 (Closed): Comparing BHPS and Understanding Society results
- Hi Jacob,
I want to investigate whether differences in results at different time points from some selected BHPS va...
- 03:06 PM Support #138 (Closed): Children
- Is there a variable in both wave 1 and wave 2 that replicates the nch?? variables for children in household variables...
- 11:52 AM Support #137 (Closed): Weights
I'm working with b_indinus_xw as I'm interested in variables from the adult main interview. I'm also using as ...
- 11:33 AM Support #136 (In Progress): Preference over hours worked
We are not planning to carry an item such as BHPS's "wJBHRLK":https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/bhps/documentation...
- 10:02 AM Support #134 (Closed): BHPS: employment experience variable
- 10:02 AM Support #133 (Closed): Private pension flag
- 10:01 AM Support #131 (Closed): Geocoded Wave 2 data
- 12:06 PM Support #136 (Closed): Preference over hours worked
I am a PhD student working at the University of York. I have been using the BHPS to study working time mismat...
- 09:00 AM Introduction to Understanding Society using Stata
- University of Essex, 16-17 May 2013
- 08:42 AM Support #135 (In Progress): Voluntary work definition
The Wave 2 volunteering tool is adapted from the Helping Out survey (see source reference in the questionnaire...
- 02:52 PM Support #135 (Closed): Voluntary work definition
- Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am a PhD student at the University of Birmingham. I am using the Understanding Society Wa...
- 03:33 PM Support #134: BHPS: employment experience variable
Thank you for your help. I have managed to construct a measure using Halpin's work-life history data and up...
- 03:03 PM Support #134 (In Progress): BHPS: employment experience variable
"Brendan Halpin's work-life history work":http://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue?sn=3954 might be of in...
- 03:03 PM Support #130 (Closed): Jbsec variable in wave 2 - 12 months or 2 months?
- 09:20 PM Support #134 (Closed): BHPS: employment experience variable
I am using the last four waves of the BHPS data (o p q and r) for panel data analysis on Stata. I am mostly us...
- 03:24 PM Support #133: Private pension flag
- If you look at the "Use" of the variable in the questionnaire, you will see that it is computed on the fly in the Bla...
- 02:12 PM Support #133 (Closed): Private pension flag
I'm looking at the private pension flag in wave 1. The variable's name is call "a_privpen". There are two code...
Also available in: Atom