From 06/20/2013 to 07/19/2013
- 10:06 PM Support #173 (Closed): Understanding "inapplicable"
- This is a general question. I've found that "inapplicable" is a common answer to many questions in the xwavedat datas...
- 10:26 AM Support #172: racel
I am just using the first wave of Understanding Society and I noticed a difference in the number of observat...
- 07:46 AM Support #172: racel
- racel is only asked of new adult entrants each wave and this information is consolidated together with other stable c...
- 07:47 AM Support #170 (Closed): Unable to access full sample size
- 05:32 PM Support #172 (Closed): racel
I was thinking I'd better use the ethnicity variable racel for adults of age 16+ from xwavedat instead ind...
- 02:03 PM Support #171 (Closed): Source: NSFH
- In the questionnaire (UK Household Longitudinal Study: Mainstage Questionnaire:
Wave 1, v04) i have found a questio...
- 02:55 PM Support #170: Unable to access full sample size
- The UKDS helpdesk should be able to help you.
- 02:49 PM Support #170: Unable to access full sample size
- I believe I may have identified the problem, the link that claims I am downloading wave 1 and 2 on the UK data servic...
- 02:11 PM Support #170 (In Progress): Unable to access full sample size
- the sample sizes to expect can be gleaned from the tables here:
- 02:04 PM Support #170 (Closed): Unable to access full sample size
- Despite having insured it is the main sample (no the innovation panel) and having downloaded it multiple times (in SP...
- 11:46 AM Support #155 (Closed): Number of biological children in the household (nnatch)
- 11:46 AM Support #163 (Closed): OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- 11:45 AM Support #166 (Closed): country of birth
- 11:45 AM Support #168 (Closed): Main survey access
- w_gor_dv is the UK Region of the household.
- 11:41 AM Support #164 (Closed): ethnicity
- 11:40 AM Support #154 (Closed): '0' weight in BHPS
- 04:46 PM Support #168: Main survey access
Thank you very much for drawing my attention to this part of the webpage. What I am unable to find in the ...
- 10:41 AM Support #155: Number of biological children in the household (nnatch)
- Hi Ben
as you know from the study documentation and user guide there were some problems with the collection of the h...
- 09:53 AM Support #160: Mental health service use data
- Progress on linkage will be updated here: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/about/data-linkage
We are are app...
- 09:44 AM Support #160: Mental health service use data
- Thanks for the reply but has Understanding Society data actually been linked to NHS service use data i.e. has anyone ...
- 07:41 AM Support #160 (Closed): Mental health service use data
- 07:41 AM Support #162 (Closed): How to get data?
- 07:40 AM Support #168 (In Progress): Main survey access
- GHQ is asked every wave and relased under the End User License, see e.g. https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/docum...
- 04:13 PM Support #164: ethnicity
- Yes, that is correct.
- 04:00 PM Support #163: OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- This type of question can in some cases be answered by studying the household composition of persons across waves (us...
- 02:22 PM Support #168 (Closed): Main survey access
I am a masters student from the University of Limerick, Ireland. I am trying to access Wave 2 of Understand...
- 05:23 PM Support #156 (Closed): Variables and weights
- 05:22 PM Support #161 (Closed): Leisure, Culture and Sport module variables
- 05:20 PM Support #167 (Closed): M2 Leisure, Culture and Sport
- 04:03 PM Support #167: M2 Leisure, Culture and Sport
- Could it happen that you have downloaded the Innovation Panel data rather than the data from the mainstage panel?
- 03:17 PM Support #167 (Closed): M2 Leisure, Culture and Sport
- Sorry couldnt reply to the previous query so this follows on from issue #161. Where do I find the data for the varia...
- 10:14 AM Support #166: country of birth
- The univariate tabulations in the online documentation are based on the Special License version, see e.g. https://www...
- 10:20 AM Support #166 (Closed): country of birth
- I need detailed information on parents' country of birth (or, more broadly, on their origin). From the questionnaire ...
- 04:15 PM Support #164: ethnicity
the ethnic variables in indall are part of the household grid module. As far as I understood this module is...
- 12:35 PM Support #164: ethnicity
- Please see #147
- 12:16 PM Support #164 (Closed): ethnicity
I noticed that for some observations there is a mismatch for the ethnicity variables between the files a_i...
- 03:08 PM Support #153 (Closed): weighting BHPS sample correctly in longitudinal analysis
- 03:06 PM Support #157 (Closed): how long in the labor market
- 03:06 PM Support #162: How to get data?
- The BHPS topic guide or thesaurus should be of use, see e.g. "job satisfaction"
- 03:04 PM Support #161: Leisure, Culture and Sport module variables
- can be found around here
- 11:55 AM Support #156: Variables and weights
With regard to your question on subpopulation use in estimation of standard errors, I feel this is a quest...
- 11:45 AM Support #154: '0' weight in BHPS
The reason for 0 values in cross-sectional weights is most likely due to no OSM within a household having l...
- 11:27 AM Support #163: OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- Dear Jacob,
Thank you for your quick reply. I would like to address a few follow-up questions on your reply and ex...
- 04:53 PM Support #163 (In Progress): OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- The best way to analyse moves is to work with the postcode grid references, which are accessible through the secure d...
- 04:06 PM Support #163 (Closed): OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- We are interested in OSM's who have moved or are not resident any more in the wave 1 household. In the wave 2 quest...
- 04:42 PM Support #159: Father's social class
- Thanks Jakob. I'm still a bit confused though. In BHPS Wave R, 230 people (1.6% of the sample) were rising 16 years o...
- 03:43 PM Support #159: Father's social class
- A bit of history ...PAJU and PASOC were asked at Wave 1 and again at Wave 8 of new entrants since Wave 1 and at Wave ...
- 12:52 PM Support #162 (Closed): How to get data?
I am from the university trier in germany and need to do a one year
reasearch project with the topic "union ...
- 02:28 PM Support #161 (Closed): Leisure, Culture and Sport module variables
- Where do I find the variables for the above module (wave 2 main)? They're listed as being in b_indresp but they're no...
- 12:40 PM Support #160: Mental health service use data
- please see #81
- 12:22 PM Support #160 (Closed): Mental health service use data
- I would like to know if any of the waves of Understanding Society thus far have collected data on use of NHS services...
- 04:22 PM Support #159 (Closed): Father's social class
- Hi, I'm interested in including father's social class in my analysis but I've noticed that there are a large amount o...
- 06:57 PM Support #155: Number of biological children in the household (nnatch)
Thanks for your reply.
I have done some more work on this, and read everything I could find in the docum...
Also available in: Atom