From 06/29/2013 to 07/28/2013
- 05:33 PM Support #172: racel
- XWAVEDAT holds the last valid response of racel.
- 03:47 PM Support #172: racel
- I am sorry, I was not clear. I wanted to say that even if you consider the first wave only, xracel has more observati...
- 06:51 AM Support #175: Over 24K participants seem to have no waves of data
- > There is no wave-specific data for participants from 78133491 through ...
Listing *ivfio on XWAVEID I find that ...
- 09:54 PM Support #175: Over 24K participants seem to have no waves of data
- I was able to find wIVFIO. Thank you for pointing that out. However, I'm not sure I understand how a participant coul...
- 05:53 PM Support #175 (In Progress): Over 24K participants seem to have no waves of data
- I suggest that you also check the interview outcome variables, wIVFIO and wIVFHO.
You will find responses from BHPS ...
- 05:30 PM Support #175 (Closed): Over 24K participants seem to have no waves of data
I'm using BHPS data and I merged xwavedat with xwaveid. Then I merged the resulting file with every wINDRESP f...
- 05:29 PM Support #173: Understanding "inapplicable"
- We will have to get back to you about the BHPS question - meanwhile; UKHLS is another name for _Understanding Society...
- 05:26 PM Support #172: racel
- There are new entrants at Wave 2 and some that have only turned 16 years since the Wave 1 interview, etc.
- 05:17 PM Support #171 (Closed): Source: NSFH
- Thanks for making us aware of this. The more likely source would be BHPS's
wYPEATN Past week times evening meal w...
- 02:53 PM Support #173: Understanding "inapplicable"
- This question was actually concerning the BHPS. I do want to integrate the last two years of Understanding Society da...
- 06:35 PM Support #174: Understanding "Missing" in IP data
- System missing are coded to -9 in the data processing and recoded to missing value codes if this can be infered from ...
- 06:25 PM Support #173: Understanding "inapplicable"
- If this is a question concerning the UKHLS XWAVEDAT, then this file contains the latest valid response to a given ite...
- 07:33 PM Support #174 (Closed): Understanding "Missing" in IP data
When I read the Understanding Society IP User Guide, it was mentioned that -9 is assigned to data that are ...
- 10:06 PM Support #173 (Closed): Understanding "inapplicable"
- This is a general question. I've found that "inapplicable" is a common answer to many questions in the xwavedat datas...
- 10:26 AM Support #172: racel
I am just using the first wave of Understanding Society and I noticed a difference in the number of observat...
- 07:46 AM Support #172: racel
- racel is only asked of new adult entrants each wave and this information is consolidated together with other stable c...
- 07:47 AM Support #170 (Closed): Unable to access full sample size
- 05:32 PM Support #172 (Closed): racel
I was thinking I'd better use the ethnicity variable racel for adults of age 16+ from xwavedat instead ind...
- 02:03 PM Support #171 (Closed): Source: NSFH
- In the questionnaire (UK Household Longitudinal Study: Mainstage Questionnaire:
Wave 1, v04) i have found a questio...
- 02:55 PM Support #170: Unable to access full sample size
- The UKDS helpdesk should be able to help you.
- 02:49 PM Support #170: Unable to access full sample size
- I believe I may have identified the problem, the link that claims I am downloading wave 1 and 2 on the UK data servic...
- 02:11 PM Support #170 (In Progress): Unable to access full sample size
- the sample sizes to expect can be gleaned from the tables here:
- 02:04 PM Support #170 (Closed): Unable to access full sample size
- Despite having insured it is the main sample (no the innovation panel) and having downloaded it multiple times (in SP...
- 11:46 AM Support #155 (Closed): Number of biological children in the household (nnatch)
- 11:46 AM Support #163 (Closed): OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- 11:45 AM Support #166 (Closed): country of birth
- 11:45 AM Support #168 (Closed): Main survey access
- w_gor_dv is the UK Region of the household.
- 11:41 AM Support #164 (Closed): ethnicity
- 11:40 AM Support #154 (Closed): '0' weight in BHPS
- 04:46 PM Support #168: Main survey access
Thank you very much for drawing my attention to this part of the webpage. What I am unable to find in the ...
- 10:41 AM Support #155: Number of biological children in the household (nnatch)
- Hi Ben
as you know from the study documentation and user guide there were some problems with the collection of the h...
- 09:53 AM Support #160: Mental health service use data
- Progress on linkage will be updated here: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/about/data-linkage
We are are app...
- 09:44 AM Support #160: Mental health service use data
- Thanks for the reply but has Understanding Society data actually been linked to NHS service use data i.e. has anyone ...
- 07:41 AM Support #160 (Closed): Mental health service use data
- 07:41 AM Support #162 (Closed): How to get data?
- 07:40 AM Support #168 (In Progress): Main survey access
- GHQ is asked every wave and relased under the End User License, see e.g. https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/docum...
- 04:13 PM Support #164: ethnicity
- Yes, that is correct.
- 04:00 PM Support #163: OMS movers, not resident in wave 2
- This type of question can in some cases be answered by studying the household composition of persons across waves (us...
- 02:22 PM Support #168 (Closed): Main survey access
I am a masters student from the University of Limerick, Ireland. I am trying to access Wave 2 of Understand...
- 05:23 PM Support #156 (Closed): Variables and weights
- 05:22 PM Support #161 (Closed): Leisure, Culture and Sport module variables
- 05:20 PM Support #167 (Closed): M2 Leisure, Culture and Sport
- 04:03 PM Support #167: M2 Leisure, Culture and Sport
- Could it happen that you have downloaded the Innovation Panel data rather than the data from the mainstage panel?
- 03:17 PM Support #167 (Closed): M2 Leisure, Culture and Sport
- Sorry couldnt reply to the previous query so this follows on from issue #161. Where do I find the data for the varia...
- 10:14 AM Support #166: country of birth
- The univariate tabulations in the online documentation are based on the Special License version, see e.g. https://www...
- 10:20 AM Support #166 (Closed): country of birth
- I need detailed information on parents' country of birth (or, more broadly, on their origin). From the questionnaire ...
Also available in: Atom