From 08/01/2013 to 08/30/2013
- 06:00 PM Support #189: Items from citizenship survey
- The module is carried again at Wave 5. From the Wave 5 questionnaire documentation you can see that the source is the...
- 05:39 PM Support #190: Wave 3 release date and content on loneliness
- Thanks for your interest in the study. We so far carry modules for social networks and perceived social support (rota...
- 01:14 PM Support #190 (Closed): Wave 3 release date and content on loneliness
Two quick questions regarding USoC W3. When might it be available to download from the UK Data Archive - curre...
- 02:36 PM Support #186: Weighting for couple data
- If you need information for your model from both a wife and a husband then the best weights for you would be househol...
- 02:27 PM Support #189 (Closed): Items from citizenship survey
- Hi, In wave 2 there are questions about 'how important is ### to your sense of who you are' - q22 in the self-complet...
- 05:36 PM Support #188 (Closed): Job satisfaction and promotion variables
I'm trying to find some variables on job satisfaction and promotion in wave 2 of the Understanding Society dat...
- 09:00 AM Support #187 (Closed): NIHPS 2008-09 (SN: 5151) - correct household weighting variable?
- Dear Support Team,
I am using the NIHPS 2008-09 (downloaded from the UK data archive) and would like some advice on ...
- 09:00 AM Support #183 (Closed): Variables in "b_ptimings_ip" of IP2
- 09:00 AM Support #182 (Closed): Derived Variable a_hiqual_dv
- 09:00 AM Support #178 (Closed): Marital Satisfaction Availability in Wave K?
- 08:59 AM Support #177 (Closed): SF36 in BHPS and SF12 in UKHLS
- 08:59 AM Support #176 (Closed): Missing parental data
- 08:58 AM Support #185: Pre-participation unemployment spell
- Generally, a strength of the study is the long, individually linked time series of data of the annual event kind (e.g...
- 08:32 AM Support #179: mariatl status change between wave 1 and 2
- mstatsam serves first of all in the routing of other items. That type of variables are ususally not the best starting...
- 08:57 PM Support #186 (Closed): Weighting for couple data
- Dear User Support,
I have matched spouses using the wave 1 data and my unit of analysis is marriage, with two var...
- 05:00 PM Support #185 (Closed): Pre-participation unemployment spell
Is there a variable that records if a participant experienced a spell of unemployment *before* they began p...
- 12:33 PM Support #184: How the derived variable of highest educational qualification is derived?
- Sorry, just found two earlier posts with the same question with mine. Already sorted out. Thanks!
BTW, a useful onli...
- 11:59 AM Support #184 (Closed): How the derived variable of highest educational qualification is derived?
- Hi guys, in my research I need to classify people's educational levels. I find the derived variable of highest educat...
- 01:54 PM Support #180 (Closed): Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
- 01:24 PM Support #180: Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
- Many thanks.
- 12:19 PM Support #180: Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
- Thanks for making us aware of this error. B_club should have been asked if the response to any of the sports question...
- 05:05 PM Support #183: Variables in "b_ptimings_ip" of IP2
- From the Innovation Panel study user guide: "Timings data files (W_PTIMINGS AND W_HTIMINGS) include data on the time ...
- 04:42 PM Support #173 (Closed): Understanding "inapplicable"
- You are correct that there are several possible reasons for inapplicability in BHPS's xwavedat. As for UKHLS, users s...
- 04:34 PM Support #178: Marital Satisfaction Availability in Wave K?
- Unfortunately, we can only confirm your observations; so, No and No.
- 11:30 AM Support #181 (Closed): Age for youths in the youth questionnaire
- 11:29 AM Support #175 (Closed): Over 24K participants seem to have no waves of data
- 03:16 PM Support #183 (Closed): Variables in "b_ptimings_ip" of IP2
- I am trying to extract the time spent on each block by individual, however, the variables in "b_ptimings_ip" are quit...
- 09:28 PM Support #177: SF36 in BHPS and SF12 in UKHLS
- The derivation of PCS and MCS is described here with reference to the original paper;
- 08:40 PM Support #182: Derived Variable a_hiqual_dv
- The reply to #74 looks useful - let us know if there is anything you would like us to follow up on.
- 08:30 PM Support #176: Missing parental data
- I don't have access to the data right now to reproduce your results, but can offer a few hints...
The relationships ...
- 06:26 PM Support #181: Age for youths in the youth questionnaire
- the w_INDALL file holds the basic demographics of the whole household including youth respondents.
- 01:10 PM Support #182 (Closed): Derived Variable a_hiqual_dv
There seems to be no documentation on how the derived variables were compiled and I was wondering if you could t...
- 11:16 AM Support #181 (Closed): Age for youths in the youth questionnaire
I was wondering if there was an easy way to determine the age of the individuals in the youth questionnaire to u...
- 11:59 AM Support #180 (Closed): Sports Club membership among Scottish adults
I have a query relating to the variable b_club, (sports club membership).
I am wanting to calculate two fi...
- 02:01 PM Support #179 (Closed): mariatl status change between wave 1 and 2
- Dear all,
I want to combine the marital histories from wave 1 and the new events reported in wave 2.
In the seco...
- 09:44 PM Support #178 (Closed): Marital Satisfaction Availability in Wave K?
- First, I hope this is the appropriate venue for this. I have asked other people and they steered me here.
- 01:54 PM Support #177 (Closed): SF36 in BHPS and SF12 in UKHLS
- I am using UKHLS for its BHPS data along with BHPS. UKHLS has the SF12 health scoring together with the derived PCS a...
Also available in: Atom