From 09/16/2014 to 10/15/2014
- 05:49 PM Support #314 (Closed): Unequal number between "lived here continuously since the last interview" and the reasons
- I'm still working on the Wave 3. There is a variable "c_adcts" about "Lived continuously at this address since last i...
- 05:40 PM Support #313 (Closed): Linkage between Wave 1, 2 and 3
- I'm working out the ethnic group in Wave 3, but I notice that most of them are "inapplicable". I knew that it only pr...
- 04:29 PM Support #312 (Closed): Issue with "Self-completion Best Friends module"
I was very interested in the variables concerning the "Self-completion Best Friends module". However, when ...
- 11:01 AM Support #311 (Closed): Possibility to merge BHPS and Understanding Society
- I am working with the BHPS and I am looking for a possibility to merge these data with the data form Understanding So...
- 07:07 PM Support #305: Mixed race sample in wave 1 and 2
- Hi Jakob,
Thanks for your help. I managed to merge the two waves with all the variables that I need.
Now, I am ...
- 03:05 PM Support #310 (Closed): RGSC at wave 2
Could you tell me how the wave 2 variable b_jbrgsc_dv, 'Current job: Registrar General's Social Class' was ...
- 09:12 AM Support #309 (Closed): Unmatched District codes
- I am using Understanding society Wave 3, along with the Special License, Local Authority District.
I am matching th...
- 06:56 PM Support #308 (Closed): Current and past employment and non-employment at UKHLS wave 2
I have a couple questions about employment and non-employment spells from wave 2.
1. In wave 2 of UKHLS,...
- 03:46 PM Support #306 (In Progress): Link with HES data?
- We are currently applying for research data linkage to HES. Plans and updates for data linkage can be followed here;
- 03:36 PM Support #296: zero value weights using c_indnsub_xw
- Thanks Peter,
Realsing the other waves include relevant auxillary data for calculating the weights (which is not a...
- 03:13 PM Support #296: zero value weights using c_indnsub_xw
This is essentially a trade-off between bias and variance. As you say, using all the cases but no weightin...
- 12:41 PM Support #296: zero value weights using c_indnsub_xw
- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [Understanding Society User Support - Support #296] zero
- 09:31 AM Support #307 (Closed): Survey design xwaves
- Hi, I have constructed a confidence interval for a linear combination of point estimates across BHPS waves 1, 2 and 3...
- 04:28 PM Support #296: zero value weights using c_indnsub_xw
First, apologies for the delay in responding to this. It seems to me that the main factor contributing to ...
- 12:15 PM Support #306 (Closed): Link with HES data?
- Can you tell me whether Understanding Society has/plans to link any of their data with hospital episode statistics or...
- 08:10 PM Support #305 (In Progress): Mixed race sample in wave 1 and 2
- The ethnic group question, w_racel, is only asked of new adults in the study. We provide a cross-wave version of that...
- 07:33 PM Support #305 (Closed): Mixed race sample in wave 1 and 2
- Hello, I hope you can help me. I have downloaded waves 1and 2 in SPSS format.
I am interested to look at mixed ra...
- 06:05 PM Support #300: Re: Respondents from youth questionnaire BHPS to Understanding Society
- Dear Jakob,
Thank you for your assistance.
- 04:36 PM Support #300 (Closed): Re: Respondents from youth questionnaire BHPS to Understanding Society
- 04:37 PM Support #299 (Closed): UKHLS nurse collected data, sample sizes
- 04:36 PM Support #301 (Closed): Weighting Wave 2
- 04:35 PM Support #302: Ethnic group sample sizes in older age-ranges
- follow-up question from #303
Respondents with a South Asian background accounted for approx. 37% of all those with...
- 04:19 PM Support #303 (Closed): Ethnic group sample sizes in older age-ranges
- followed up here #302
- 04:18 PM Support #304: Big 5 Personality Traits Main survey wave 3
- you can find a description of the method in the online documentation of each variable, e.g. here;
- 03:46 PM Support #304 (Closed): Big 5 Personality Traits Main survey wave 3
- Please can you give me a reference for the 15 item instrument used to measure the Big 5 personality traits in wave 3,...
- 09:50 AM Support #303 (Closed): Ethnic group sample sizes in older age-ranges
- Is it possible to have the sample sizes by ethnic minority group (at least for South Asian and African-Caribbean grou...
Also available in: Atom