From 04/29/2015 to 05/28/2015
- 11:37 AM Support #379 (Closed): Query re nursing occupation representation in the datasets
I would like to enquire whether there is any representation of the nursing occupation in the Understanding ...
- 12:17 PM Support #375 (Closed): migrant group related queries
- 12:17 PM Support #376 (Closed): Ethnicity and Associated Studies
- 12:29 PM Support #357 (Closed): cluster variable
- 12:28 PM Support #367 (Closed): Enquiry about class classification, SOC and NS-SEC
- 12:27 PM Support #370 (Closed): Local authorities
- 12:27 PM Support #371 (Closed): Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- 12:26 PM Support #372 (Closed): Longitudinal weighting
- 12:26 PM Support #373 (Closed): Enquiry on household income data
- 12:26 PM Support #374 (Closed): Response rates in wave 1
- 10:42 AM Support #378 (Closed): Retirement data
- I am interested in the data of retirement plan in the understanding society. I looked at the data. It only existed in...
- 12:39 PM Support #371: Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- Ah, yes I see the problem with the youth data set. In that case I might proceed with a cross-sectional weight appropr...
- 10:31 AM Support #367 (In Progress): Enquiry about class classification, SOC and NS-SEC
- 05:32 PM Support #376: Ethnicity and Associated Studies
- Opposed to the Mainstage study, the Innovation Panel does not at present count any ethnic minority boost samples. Ass...
- 02:30 PM Support #376 (Closed): Ethnicity and Associated Studies
- I have a question about the Associated Studies aspect of Understanding Society. I understand that the sample availab...
- 04:45 PM Support #377 (Closed): Twins
- I have a general question: does anybody know how many twin pairs (roughly) were identified based on the twins_w4 modu...
- 07:51 AM Support #371: Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- Sorry I misread your question and my advice was more general - about when to use longitudinal weights. You did not fi...
- 03:27 PM Support #375: migrant group related queries
- > 1. From the existing database in understanding society, is it possible to get participants' (recruited from boosted...
- 10:22 AM Support #375 (Closed): migrant group related queries
we are currently thinking of a few studies with recent immigrants and would like to first see what we can do w...
- 09:31 AM Support #371: Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- Hi Alita,
Sorry I have been unclear - I was aware that I needed to use a longitudinal weight, my query was actually ...
- 12:18 AM Support #357: cluster variable
- "Note: missing standard error because of stratum with single sampling unit". This happened because you included North...
- 12:12 AM Support #371: Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- You are essentially using response from waves 1 and 3, so the most appropriate weights for you will be longitudinal w...
- 12:10 AM Support #372: Longitudinal weighting
- 3. yes
2. you are correct that for your analysis you do not need respondents to respond continuously from waves 1 to...
- 12:05 AM Support #373: Enquiry on household income data
- 1) questions on income are asked of all adult respondents. If by using the phrase "required to answer" you meant that...
- 09:31 AM Support #361 (Closed): variables about house's type
- 09:31 AM Support #362 (Closed): weights for longitudinal analysis
- 09:30 AM Support #364 (Closed): Update on linking Understanding Society to Hospital Episode Statistics
- 09:28 AM Support #366 (Closed): Work on attrition and non-response
- 09:25 AM Support #374: Response rates in wave 1
- Table 2 is based on different definitions of what constitutes a “responding” household. The table excludes households...
- 11:02 AM Support #374 (Closed): Response rates in wave 1
I have been reading the response rate information in wave 1 in the US user guide. I was wondering how the r...
- 12:49 PM Support #369 (Closed): missing paju maju
- 12:10 PM Support #369: missing paju maju
- Ok, got it. Thanks.
- 11:59 AM Support #369: missing paju maju
- XWAVEDAT also consolidates data from the surviving BHPS sample in the study, see e.g. https://www.understandingsociet...
- 11:51 AM Support #369: missing paju maju
- Hi Jakob,
Sorry but I am a bit confused. From what I see the file Xwavedat has more information on parental backgrou...
- 11:24 AM Support #369: missing paju maju
- The XWAVEDAT file will be in the same folder as the other Understanding Society data files downloaded from UKDS. The ...
- 10:08 AM Support #369: missing paju maju
- Hi Jacob,
Thanks for your message. I cannot find the file. Where should it be?
I think, however, that my question i...
- 04:24 PM Support #356 (Closed): Longitudinal response rates
- 04:22 PM Support #360 (Closed): Non-response models for Wave 2
- 03:50 PM Support #369: missing paju maju
- Only asked of adults not interviewed before, why the frequencies look sparse for the later waves. The cross-wave file...
- 03:32 PM Support #370 (In Progress): Local authorities
- Please see this FAQ; https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/support/projects/support/wiki/Is_it_possible_to_merge_in...
- 04:20 AM Support #373 (Closed): Enquiry on household income data
- We saw the Understanding Society Design Overview and would like to seek your expertise on some of the queries that we...
- 05:01 PM Support #372 (Closed): Longitudinal weighting
We are using individual level data from BHPS waves G, L and Q, as well as the Understanding Society survey ...
- 11:54 AM Support #371 (Closed): Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- I'm a running an analysis which involves data from wave 1 and wave 3 of the youth self-completion questionnaire. Bth ...
- 10:31 AM Support #370 (Closed): Local authorities
- Is it possible to obtain each individual's local authority? Thanks
- 03:41 PM Support #367: Enquiry about class classification, SOC and NS-SEC
- Hi Min,
if the ONS cross-walk tables are only provided for the full NS-SEC, it will be the easiest if you apply to g...
- 12:22 PM Support #369 (Closed): missing paju maju
From what I understood in one of the replies you gave, paju (and maju) were asked only in Wave 1. But then, w...
- 11:29 AM Support #368 (Closed): variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- I am currently writing my Masters-Thesis about the UK labour market and whether sexual orientation has an impact on v...
- 11:48 AM Support #357: cluster variable
- Dear Alita, reading the volume A of the BHPS I have noticed that the sample for the BHPS was obtained through a 3 sta...
- 09:39 AM Support #367 (Closed): Enquiry about class classification, SOC and NS-SEC
- Dear all, I am trying to examine the class association between parents and children in Understanding society data. Ho...
Also available in: Atom