From 05/14/2015 to 06/12/2015
- 02:36 PM Support #382: *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- You are correct about the current source of the sex variable. We have so far only provided corrected sex and age vari...
- 01:47 PM Support #382: *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- For some reason, the double equals signs aren't showing.
They should be in the sixth row
drop if `wave'_sex EQUAL...
- 01:42 PM Support #382 (Closed): *_sex (not *_sex_cr) in egoalt file
- Hello, I've been looking at gender in the egoalt file and it appears that ego gender is based on *_sex, rather than *...
- 02:00 PM Support #383: NPD and Understanding Society
- You should be able to find all the details around here: http://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue/?sn=7642&type=D...
- 01:51 PM Support #383 (Closed): NPD and Understanding Society
- Hi, I am interested in using the NPD with Understanding Society.
Could you inform me of the process I need to go ...
- 10:38 AM Support #381: lvwhy recording
- Thank you for the quick response.
I've found 1,253 observations, where the length of non-response prior to being...
- 10:25 AM Support #381 (In Progress): lvwhy recording
- We have yet to obtain permissions to link to mortality registers. We would like to replicate your analysis. How many ...
- 10:11 AM Support #381 (Closed): lvwhy recording
this query is in regards to the recording practices of 'leavers' in variable lvwhy in the BHPS (1991 to 20...
- 02:50 PM Support #377 (Closed): Twins
- 02:50 PM Support #379 (Closed): Query re nursing occupation representation in the datasets
- 02:50 PM Support #380 (Closed): conditional access to BHPS with older LAD coding?
- 03:13 PM Support #368 (Closed): variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- 03:11 PM Support #368: variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- Ok thank you! That helped a lot.
Best regards, Sabrina
- 03:56 PM Support #359: savings greater than income
- I have received the following advice:
It is correct that there are a few hundred cases like this. Two suggestions ...
- 03:49 PM Support #368: variable "inc1lab" (Wave C)
- The content of inc1lab is described on page 79 of the user guide, in terms of the variables which contribute to it an...
- 10:56 AM Support #378 (In Progress): Retirement data
- please provide more detail (https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/support/projects/support/wiki)
on behalf of the t...
- 04:42 PM Support #379: Query re nursing occupation representation in the datasets
- Respondents are asked for current job title and sector. Job titles are coded to the Standard Occupational Classificat...
- 04:37 PM Support #380 (In Progress): conditional access to BHPS with older LAD coding?
- The source of the LAD code can be found in the documentation. Lookup tables to older geographies can be created from ...
- 04:33 PM Support #377 (In Progress): Twins
- There were about 170 pairs.
On behalf of the team,
- 06:33 PM Support #380 (Closed): conditional access to BHPS with older LAD coding?
- Hi, there
I was trying to obtain the housing quality indicators/variables from the BHPS data, and applied to the dat...
- 11:37 AM Support #379 (Closed): Query re nursing occupation representation in the datasets
I would like to enquire whether there is any representation of the nursing occupation in the Understanding ...
- 12:17 PM Support #375 (Closed): migrant group related queries
- 12:17 PM Support #376 (Closed): Ethnicity and Associated Studies
- 12:29 PM Support #357 (Closed): cluster variable
- 12:28 PM Support #367 (Closed): Enquiry about class classification, SOC and NS-SEC
- 12:27 PM Support #370 (Closed): Local authorities
- 12:27 PM Support #371 (Closed): Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- 12:26 PM Support #372 (Closed): Longitudinal weighting
- 12:26 PM Support #373 (Closed): Enquiry on household income data
- 12:26 PM Support #374 (Closed): Response rates in wave 1
- 10:42 AM Support #378 (Closed): Retirement data
- I am interested in the data of retirement plan in the understanding society. I looked at the data. It only existed in...
- 12:39 PM Support #371: Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- Ah, yes I see the problem with the youth data set. In that case I might proceed with a cross-sectional weight appropr...
- 10:31 AM Support #367 (In Progress): Enquiry about class classification, SOC and NS-SEC
- 05:32 PM Support #376: Ethnicity and Associated Studies
- Opposed to the Mainstage study, the Innovation Panel does not at present count any ethnic minority boost samples. Ass...
- 02:30 PM Support #376 (Closed): Ethnicity and Associated Studies
- I have a question about the Associated Studies aspect of Understanding Society. I understand that the sample availab...
- 04:45 PM Support #377 (Closed): Twins
- I have a general question: does anybody know how many twin pairs (roughly) were identified based on the twins_w4 modu...
- 07:51 AM Support #371: Weighting for longitudinal youth analysis
- Sorry I misread your question and my advice was more general - about when to use longitudinal weights. You did not fi...
Also available in: Atom