From 05/28/2016 to 06/26/2016
- 06:15 PM Support #588 (Closed): Locating Data
I have been awarded a scholarship from the University of Sheffield to do a short research project on Well-bei...
- 04:17 PM Support #586 (In Progress): BHPS sample members without pids in Understanding Society
- Hi Sait,
All existing BHPS members in Understanding Society will have their original PID. But new entrants who joi...
- 02:16 PM Support #586 (Closed): BHPS sample members without pids in Understanding Society
I am working on the attrition in BHPS and UKHLS.
I realised some cases in UKHLS (around 400 in each wave) ...
- 03:00 PM Support #587 (Closed): Education category "Other school cert"
From Wave 2 variables qfhigh/nqfhigh there is an option "Other school cert". At what academic level would this ...
- 09:06 AM Support #585: Identifying individuals with whom an interview could not be completed
- Dear Alita,
Thanks for your response. I understand that because of changes in household composition household ide...
- 03:17 AM Support #585 (In Progress): Identifying individuals with whom an interview could not be completed
- Household Identifiers, W_HIDP are unique within a wave but not across wave. the individual identifier PIDP is unique ...
- 06:25 PM Support #585 (Closed): Identifying individuals with whom an interview could not be completed
- I have a question relating to respondents living in households which were contacted by an interviewer but with whom n...
- 03:28 PM Support #565: Egoalt file and meaning of alwstat codes
- 01:59 PM Support #565: Egoalt file and meaning of alwstat codes
- Hi Alita,
Thanks for your reply. So I think that I need to use the egoalt file, because I want to consider only ch...
- 01:40 PM Support #565: Egoalt file and meaning of alwstat codes
- Following up on point 4 above - As children of OSM fathers or TSM mothers are not OSMs, their newborns will not have ...
- 01:43 PM Support #584 (Feedback): New births in understanding society
- 01:32 PM Support #584: New births in understanding society
- Hi Emma,
please take a look at table 66 in the Understanding Society Quality Profile. It reports, among other stats,...
- 12:09 PM Support #578 (Closed): physical activity data
- 12:08 PM Support #575 (Closed): Institutional accommodation definition
- 12:08 PM Support #574 (Closed): Labour income variables
- 12:08 PM Support #571 (Closed): routing for a_jbhad and b_jbbgd/b_jbbgm/b_jbbgy
- 11:00 AM Support #584 (Closed): New births in understanding society
- I would like to know how many new births there are for the sample, in each wave.
- 08:40 AM Support #581 (In Progress): bensta_tfalimony variables
- Hi Debs,
Just to let you know we are looking into this - I have passed it on to Nick and hopefully will get a resp...
- 04:06 PM Support #583 (In Progress): BHPS merging job history and interview data
- Dear Pilar,
Many thanks for your enquiry - we are looking into it here and will get back to you as soon as we can....
- 09:45 AM Support #583 (Closed): BHPS merging job history and interview data
- Reposting because I am not sure my previous post is public/can be seen
I am using the BHPS and merging job ...
- 02:28 PM Support #581 (Closed): bensta_tfalimony variables
- Dear Support,
We have received a query from one of our data users regarding the recording of maintenance/alimony p...
- 04:15 PM Support #565 (In Progress): Egoalt file and meaning of alwstat codes
- 01:51 PM Support #565: Egoalt file and meaning of alwstat codes
- Hi Alita,
Sorry to bother you again, but I have a follow up question relating to this thread from before:
I am ...
- 03:19 PM Support #570 (Closed): Missing stable characteristics data in xwavedat
- 03:18 PM Support #573 (Closed): citizenship in BHPS
- 04:37 PM Support #579 (In Progress): attrition question
- Assuming you are Stata, some common minor mistakes that could have led to this problem:
(i) You coded the dummy var...
- 03:49 PM Support #579 (Closed): attrition question
- Hi I have merged 3 variables from wave3 to wave 5 they are : c_cgwri_dv, c_cgvfc_dv, and c_cgna_dv. I want to obtain...
- 04:47 PM Support #575 (Resolved): Institutional accommodation definition
- Dear Galit,
there are no exclusions of any type of institution. Interviews may take place in student halls, hospit...
- 01:13 PM Support #578 (Feedback): physical activity data
- Dear Christine,
Many thanks for your enquiry. This would be covered in wave 5 via the Leisure, Culture and Sport m...
- 09:24 AM Support #571: routing for a_jbhad and b_jbbgd/b_jbbgm/b_jbbgy
- Hi Zoe,
the next release is planned for end of November 2016. We publish the latest plans here
- 11:39 AM Support #578 (Closed): physical activity data
- I see that you have collected data for ‘type of exercise or sport’ for youth. Could you please tell me if anything li...
- 11:12 AM Support #571: routing for a_jbhad and b_jbbgd/b_jbbgm/b_jbbgy
- Hi Gundi,
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know shen is the next data release schedule for?
- 10:42 AM Support #574 (In Progress): Labour income variables
- Dear Catherine,
Many thanks for your enquiry.
Total labour income is the sum of income as an employee, income f...
- 09:52 AM Support #567 (Closed): Household Income vs. Housing costs
- 09:51 AM Support #572 (Closed): No description of difference between b_nqfhigh_dv and b_qfhigh_dv in Wave 2
- 09:50 AM Support #563 (Closed): Weights when using the youth panel
- 09:50 AM Support #561 (Closed): Survey design and longitudinal weight choice in unbalanced panels
- 08:29 AM Support #575 (Closed): Institutional accommodation definition
- I am looking for the definitions used for institution (type of dwelling) and for the categories of institutional acco...
- 08:18 AM Support #574 (Closed): Labour income variables
I am doing some research which involves looking at wages. In the data for the variable "total monthly labour ...
- 03:01 PM Support #570: Missing stable characteristics data in xwavedat
- Hi Megan,
1. Parental education was asked of the first 6 months sample (that is a quarter of the UKHLS sample) in ...
- 01:34 PM Support #573 (In Progress): citizenship in BHPS
- The individual cross-wave identifier is PID. You can use that to attach these variables to all waves.
- 01:10 PM Support #568 (Closed): BHPS: analysing results from children who have left the household and matching them to their parents
- 10:02 AM Support #571 (Feedback): routing for a_jbhad and b_jbbgd/b_jbbgm/b_jbbgy
- Dear Zoe,
further to my previous reply, I can now confirm that there has been a data processing error in Wave 2. The...
- 03:17 PM Support #566 (Closed): Data on children's mental health
- 03:17 PM Support #564 (Closed): Is there an Opportunity to get the BHPS Waves 1-18 and BHPS data that's integrated in UKHLS as one big dataset?
- 03:16 PM Support #557 (Closed): hscost mgold
- 03:16 PM Support #556 (Closed): Death in BHPS and US
- 03:16 PM Support #554 (Closed): Special license data for non-UK issues
- 03:15 PM Support #554 (Resolved): Special license data for non-UK issues
- 03:15 PM Support #560 (Closed): PNO of spouse in BHPS and UKHLS
- 04:33 PM Support #573 (Closed): citizenship in BHPS
- Hi there
I am looking for a variable Nationality / Citizenship in the BHPS.
So far I only found Country Born or ...
Also available in: Atom