From 09/05/2016 to 10/04/2016
- 03:56 PM Support #629: Understanding Society Marital and Cohabitation Histories
- We are finalising the process and will contact you very soon.
- 11:40 AM Support #631 (Feedback): Rents in Understanding Society
- Dear Maria,
We just want to confirm that:
(i) you are using the variable, w_origadd, to identify whether the resp...
- 10:42 AM Support #636 (In Progress): Inclusion of BHPS and Ethnic Minority boost samples,
- Hi Ben,
You want to know whether you should include the EMB and BHPS samples along with the General Population Sam...
- 03:49 PM Support #636 (Closed): Inclusion of BHPS and Ethnic Minority boost samples,
- Good afternoon,
I am undertaking a cross-sectional analysis of a restricted sample from Understanding Society, nam...
- 09:34 AM Support #635 (Closed): Environmental behaviour questions, Wave 4
- To whom it may concern
I am a researcher broadly interested in environmental behaviour survey instruments and I h...
- 09:39 AM Support #630 (In Progress): weight with fixed-effects
- Dear Carolina,
Many thanks for your enquiry and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have passed your...
- 09:31 AM Support #629: Understanding Society Marital and Cohabitation Histories
- Dear Alita,
I just wanted to check in to see whether it was still possible to use this dataset before it is releas...
- 01:33 PM Support #633 (In Progress): EM boost data -- released at same time?
- Yes, this November Wave 1-6 data release will include data from the Ethnic Minority Boost Sample as always.
- 01:02 PM Support #633 (Closed): EM boost data -- released at same time?
- Hi -- does the data from the EM boost sample get released at the same time as the data for the main sample? When the...
- 12:34 PM Support #628 (Closed): BHPS - isced variable
- 12:34 PM Support #623 (Closed): Access to data
- 12:33 PM Support #627 (Closed): isco 88
- 12:33 PM Support #625 (Closed): PLBORND district of birth in BHPS
- 12:32 PM Support #624 (Closed): Income Data
- 12:31 PM Support #622 (Closed): hcost, hsyr04, mgold, mgtype
- 12:20 PM Support #632 (Feedback): Does Special License Access include geocoded data on LSOA/MSOA level?
- Dear Tina,
Yes, LSOA and MSOA are available under special licence from the UK Data Service, but only to researcher...
- 04:28 PM Support #632 (Closed): Does Special License Access include geocoded data on LSOA/MSOA level?
- Dear UnS Support team,
I used the Special License Access data for Understanding Society before but only on the Loc...
- 05:46 PM Support #631 (Closed): Rents in Understanding Society
- I am using the Secure version of Understanding Society and I have realised that the rent variable (w_rent) is somehow...
- 04:29 PM Support #630 (Closed): weight with fixed-effects
I want to study the relationship between subjective well-being and labour market situation.
I want to use ...
- 11:44 AM Support #629: Understanding Society Marital and Cohabitation Histories
- Dear Alita,
Thank you very much for your note. This file sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I would be ve...
- 11:38 AM Support #629: Understanding Society Marital and Cohabitation Histories
- Dear Riley,
We have produced a marriage and cohabitation history file based on Understanding Society Waves 1-5. We...
- 12:23 PM Support #629 (Closed): Understanding Society Marital and Cohabitation Histories
I am currently working on a project where the dependent variable(s) will be several measures of partnership...
- 03:20 PM Support #628 (Feedback): BHPS - isced variable
- Dear Sait,
The code to derive ISCED on the BHPS is available online:
- 11:45 AM Support #628 (Closed): BHPS - isced variable
I aim to create ISCED (education) variable for Understanding Society to use together with the BHPS ISCED varia...
- 10:46 AM Support #627 (Feedback): isco 88
- Hi Sait
the four digit version of ISCO88 is only available in the Special Licence version of the data. The data can ...
- 10:23 AM Support #625 (In Progress): PLBORND district of birth in BHPS
- Hi Mirko,
first, the good news is that the names recorded in PLBORN (BHPS) and PLBORNUK (UKHLS) refer to places that...
- 04:28 PM Support #627 (Closed): isco 88
I want to use four digit ISCO 88 codes in Understanding Society for current job and last job. Although these v...
- 08:33 AM Support #624: Income Data
- Dear Italo Franco,
As variables that are most suitable for any analysis depends on the research question we cannot...
- 01:34 PM Support #624: Income Data
- Any news?
ITALO FRANCA wrote:
> i'm studying the self-employment in the the UK. I'm interested in t...
- 02:01 PM Support #622 (Feedback): hcost, hsyr04, mgold, mgtype
- Dear David,
Apologies for the delay while we were consulting with colleagues.
BHPS and Understanding Society fo...
- 04:12 PM Support #625 (Closed): PLBORND district of birth in BHPS
- I am enquiring about the variable PLBORND that was available in the BHPS. It lists the districts of birth of each ind...
- 11:54 PM Support #624 (Closed): Income Data
i'm studying the self-employment in the the UK. I'm interested in the transitions of employment. I need the...
- 04:23 PM Support #623 (Feedback): Access to data
- Hi Thea,
yes, the continuing BHPS sample is incorporated in the Understanding Society study from wave 2 onward. All ...
- 09:05 AM Support #623 (Closed): Access to data
- Dear Understanding Society,
my name is Thea Elnan and I'm a Norwegian postgraduate student at the University ...
- 04:04 PM Support #622 (In Progress): hcost, hsyr04, mgold, mgtype
- Dear David,
apologies for the delay in getting back to you (as indicated on the noticeboard this is a busy period fo...
- 03:45 PM Support #617 (Closed): "Lost CAPI intvw" in e_ivfio, f_ivfio and g_ivfio
- 03:45 PM Support #620 (Closed): Interviewer paradata
- 03:44 PM Support #621 (Closed): Weights - biomarker data
- 03:44 PM Support #619 (Closed): Cost of obtaining the data at Local Authority level
Also available in: Atom